Well, as my initial post disclaims, I’m not really in the outback- just a bit over 500 k’s into inland Australia.
I’m a lawyer with a country firm, practising in two separate state jurisdictions and across the various jurisdictions within each state- children’s court, local court, county court etc.
So then, a few things about me. This might be a work in progress- I think I’ll write five or ten now, and add to the list over time.
I love my work.
I am serious first and humorous second.
I love the bush.
I love the beach.
I love reading. My favourite books include things like-
- Sun on the Stubble – Colin Thiele
- Pastures of the Blue Crane – Hesba Brinsmead
- The Bible – God
- Jungle Pilot – Russell Hitt
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- Tintin in Tibet – Herge (yes, a classic in it’s own way!)
- Blackstone’s Commentaries – just mucking around, what law student has actually read them!?!
I am stirred by injustice- hopefully, to action.
I like songs that mean something-
- You’re The Voice by John Farnham
- I Was Only Nineteen – Redgum
- How Deep The Father’s Love For Us – Stuart Townend
- Rhymes and Reasons – John Denver
- The 59th Street Bridge Song – Simon & Garfunkel
- Blue Sky Mine – Midnight Oil
- Both Sides of the Story – Phil Collins
- My Kind of Scene – Powderfinger
And I have my own troubles and my own burdens to bear.
I like friends.
I love Wilson’s Prom.
I love my two children.